Tuesday, September 23, 2008

"Sunday Morning" Oil on Canvas 8 1/2" x 11"



***SOLD***

I painted this in real time. Meaning, not from photo, and not over the course of a few days. It was painted with in a few hours, in truth, probably less than two.
It was a Sunday Morning, The snow began falling early in the morning, before the sun had even broken through the trees. Our street in Haddonfield, New Jersey that winter didn't keep snow on the ground more than a half day. I grabbed my oils, and a small canvas, and did my best to paint what I saw. It was an exercise that I had had little success with in the past, but to my delight, a little success this day.
While I returned to my "roots" with this piece by using oil paints, I also let myself explore a new painting movement. I love movement in my paintings, and oils are such a good medium to show it. I let myself move with the painting as opposed to holding on to try and paint how I thought realistic brush work should be. This is an attempt Impressionistic renderings. The first of many more to come...

No comments: